Thursday, May 30, 2013

From the land Downunder


I guess having a stash is a global phenomenon!

I live in Sydney, Australia with Dh and a couple of very spoilt granddogs. Yep, the adult kids have both left home (one married and the other travelling overseas)and we've been left looking after the four-legged kids (not that we mind one bit).

Having sewn for more years than I care to imagine, the stash has managed to creep into the oddest places - the camphorwood chest in the lounge, the wall unit in the dining room, the back of the garage, the bedhead in the main bedroom, some baskets on the landing. Then there's also the sewing room stash ....




I've even tried sitting patterns next to stash fabric in the wardobe in the hope the stash fairies might perform a bit of magic, but alas, the stash remains.

(Hmmm, I can see I'm the least organised person here!)

This leaves the Style the Stash Sew A Long, yeah!

Looking forward to working through the stash with you all. I'll be starting with some wool blends and aim to make some pants to go with the tops i finished in May.

10 comments:

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Janine, you just have your own system of organisation that's all - your probably know where everything is! Mind you, taking over the garage as well - that's serious stashing! Lovely to have you with us and lets hope this sew a long waves some magic over that stash of yours.

dkswife said...

Welcome! I cannot wait to see what you make from your stash!

Mary said...

Janine, I believe you win for most creative use of home space...the garage!

Scheryka said...

Good luck with the sewing elves to put your outfits together for you... I've tried that very technique. EPIC FAIL! Lol

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Hi Janine.. so proud to meet you.. and I think you have some great ideas-- such as putting the sewing outfits together for the sewing fairies..ha
Isn't it something, how we all have our stash.. It sure makes me feel better to know, I am not the only one...At one time, I thought -- SURELY , no one in the world has this much fabric ,Just me!!!
happy sewing, and I look forward to seeing what you make..

Far said...

I Spotted The Gulati's Plastic Bag With The Silks! :) My Mom And I Used To go There all The Time.

Beverly said...

Welcome Janine, Your fabrics look great & can't wait to see what you make.

Janine said...

Yes, whenever we're in Kuala Lumpur that's one of my favourite spots - I'd sooner bring home a piece of silk as a souvenir rather than a key ring :-)

Jacq C said...

Hi Janine, I have stash envy! I'm not sure I'm approaching this challenge correctly, I have an urge for more fabric! Great fabrics btw :)

Far said...

Im From KL And Miss Those Fabric Shops!!! And My Favourite Fabric Is Absolutely Silk Too... Have U Been To Jakel? U Must! It's Now Th Biggest Family Owned Fabric Chain And They Have Nicer Collection Too, Esp In The 2-3Top.Floors. Go Straight To The Upper Floors :)