Wednesday, May 29, 2013

intro and acknowledgement

Hi, I'm Mary and I'm a fabricholic...as well as a patternholic.

I have spent the better part of Monday and Tuesday organizing my fabric, and oh, do I need to sew and not buy.  I keep my fabric in big Rubbermaid containers but somehow this system has broken down a bit and I have fabric in baskets, in cedar chests, in closets, and on dressforms.  As of today, I have 4 big Rubbermaid containers and 2 smaller containers organized with stash.  The categories are "spring/summer wovens, fall/winter wovens, knits, wool/fleece, knit sets (as Marcy Tilton does), lining/lingerie/blouse weight/misc." Somewhere in this house is a stash of home dec stuff for purses and hats.  We'll save that for later.

Full disclosure: I found these in a basket under the bulletin board when I organized.  They must have been pulled from the containers  when inspiration hit, or when I hit a snag on some project.



Even more-like the last bender someone goes on before entering rehab, I bought these pieces in San Francisco earlier this month.
Help me please!  <grin>

7 comments:

Far said...

You have some very lovely pieces of fabrics!

dkswife said...

I want your fabric! Ha ha - Like I need it!

Nice to meet you!

Jacq C said...

Oh you have some really wonderful pieces of fabric, no wonder you couldn't help buying them!

Sew Blessed Maw said...

I love your beautiful fabric. I am definitely a fabric/pattern hoarder.. And need help.lol
So proud to meet you.. And hope we all , use a lot of our stash.. Happy sewing.

shawntasews said...

Hi Mary I'm a pattern and fabricholic too. Beautiful stash! Can't wait to see what you make with them.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Well, we're all in rehab now! And look at us, all ogling your fabrics and desiring your stash as well as our own...

Beverly said...

I already follow your blog & love seeing your creations.