Thursday, May 30, 2013

Introduction & Confessions of a Fabric/Pattern Hoarder

  Hi,
 I'm Judy from  Mississippi in the USA!  I am  married to
 my best friend.  We have been married for 41 years. We have
 two grown children and 5 grandchildren.

  I love to sew & craft. I am a self taught sewer..  I don't
know how to do the "correct" ways of sewing. But, I love
to learn.

 Now. I must confess--- I am truly a fabric & pattern hoarder!
 I love thrift stores/flea markets. My eyes are roaming
for those old vintage patterns. Fabrics can be spotted a mile away.
 My heart starts beating fast... and  I assure you, I am heading
that way..

 I will post some of my plans for June, in my next post..



Kenny put some shelves in this closet , and it
holds a lot of my fabric.  The bins you see here,
holds fabric that I buy throughout the year, for
Biblical costumes [I make them for churches
during the Easter/Christmas seasons]. I buy cheap
fabric when I find them, and store them, for the
upcoming season.. This will be a purchase
that I will continue,  as  it helps the churches, and I
feel honored to be able to do this for our
Wonderful Saviour.
Notice.. the boxes of patterns [and this is not all] I  have
over 100.

Kenny installed our old kitchen cabinets on one wall. It
too houses fabric and my sewing books.These
cabinets, hold seasonal/holiday fabrics such
as Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween
July 4th. Children's prints. [ I use these for
my grandkids, and crafts]

More Holiday fabrics and Children's prints.

 NOTE: As you can see, I am not organized, and I so admire
you ladies who have your stash so well organized. I hope
after this year, you will see  a better sewing room from
Judy!
I would like to say a special thank you to  Sarah Liz
for doing this De-Stash Sew A-long.

15 comments:

shawntasews said...

Shoot it looks very organized to me!! Can't wait to see what you create during the challenge.

dkswife said...

Everyone seem so organized, unlike me :)

Nice to meet you.

Far said...

Indeed, Very Organized! Your Kenny is A Dear For Setting Up Your Shelves And CabinetS For Your Sewing Space :)

Beverly said...

Hi Judy. Such pretty fabric & so organized.

Jacq C said...

You have that beautifully organised, it's like a wonderful shop :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

I agree, it is beautifully organised - I would love see through cabinets like your lovely Kenny put up for you. It's a visual feast. And you put your skills to good use making things for your church :)

Scheryka said...

I agree with Shawnta! It's very organized to me!

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Thank you..It is going to be fun. I too, look forward to seeing , what we all make from our stash.

Mary said...

I love the fact that you can see all your stash at a glance.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Kay, thankyou ..but I don't think I am organized.... Hey, by the time this year ends, no telling what we all will be, ha

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Thank you Far... Kenny is really sweet [most of the time,ha]
Nice to meet you.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Thank you Beverly.. Can't wait to start using this stash.
Look forward to seeing ,what each person makes.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Thank you Jacq.. I just love fabric , and get enjoyment out of looking at it..[no wonder, I am a hoarder.lol]

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Thank you Scheryka.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Mary, that part is nice.. Before Kenny built the shelves and installed the old kitchen cabinets.. They were in sacks, plastic containers, Everytime that I wanted to sew, I had to dig through them.. and of course, I had a mess in the floor.lol