Friday, May 24, 2013

Welcome Everyone

2013STYLE THE STASH
Sew-A-Long


Hello Everyone and Welcome,

Yes, you are on the right page.  Over the next few days I will construct this blog so that our participants, "rules" and stash sewing ideas are all present.  That's why the official start date is June 1st - to allow me time to get the blog ready.  The blog is called stylethestashsewalong.blogspot.com because sometimes people want to join the next one!

Faye wondered if I was going to have a separate blog and I thought that was a fantastic idea as it allows us to post our sewing goals and show and tell our finished projects ourselves.  It also allows everyone to post any discussion point and then we can comment.  I think it would be nice if we could get this sew-a-long operating as closely as possible to a real world group.

It also gives you time to send me your name and email details.  Blogger needs this so that I can add you as an author - that allows you to post directly to this blog.  The best email account for this is a gmail account - most of you that use blogger probably already have one.  Please allow me 24 hours to add you.  If I don't add you, it could be because something has gone wrong with the email - in which case, just leave a comment on this blog.

And for those of you who are ready to start - that's okay, you can post as soon as you like.  Don't forget to add a link back to your blog if you post a garment - you will probably have more information on the garment.

It's also a good idea to follow the blog so that you get updates regularly - yes, you can check the posts, but updates and feeds are quite convenient. 

It would be great if all of you could post some basic info about your stash  and what your sewing goals are - That way we can all support each other or cross chat amongst our various sewing interests or have mini sew-a-longs for specific projects.

I'll need to do another button that links to this page - I got a few headaches trying to make my first ever and although it coded correctly it didn't code into the box that you need to put a button in the side bar.  I gather that this is because blogger now uses HTML5.  As I am still a novice, I can see I am going to get a few more headaches with the button challenge. 

I've got my first stash project organised though, and will put my basic info up in the next few days...

I can't wait to start the 2013 Style the Stash Sew-A-Long and I know lots of you are equally excited.

Sarah Liz :) 
 

4 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw said...

I am totally excited to Sarah Liz. This is going to be great. I will get some photos ready of my stash and some things I would like to sew.
Look forward to meeting the new people.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Judy, I am so pleased you are with us - I can't wait to see what everyone does.

Heather said...

I am going to be watching this group. I am a newer sewist, so my (fabric) stash isn't huge yet. Can't wait to see the capsules. I plan to make one myself this year! Kudos to you all!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Heather and welcome! We'll be pleased to have you watching us - and if you want to sew a long with us at any time, just send me an email stylishsarah251@gmail.com :)