Tuesday, June 18, 2013

#4 and ready to cook

B 4945 in linen, fabric given to me by a friend.  The main part is a medium dark denim color and the trim is a heavy linen with the owl and the pussycat figures on it.  I still have leftovers from this project so you may see this combo again in a top or shorts. Total yardage=approx. 2 yds

My current apron is one I made when I began sewing a few years back.  The workmanship is pretty terrible and it is a limp rag now.  This apron has mitered corners, facings, seam tape, reinforced corners... I should get this one dirty right away so it does not stay on the dressform in this pristine condition.

6 comments:

dkswife said...

Oh, I like it! Linen is a lovely fabric, isn't it?

redpointtailor said...

This is so cute... Lovely!

Janine said...

I'm pleased to see aprons making a comeback the past few years - being a messy cool I 've always worn one. Yours is too cute to mess up, though.

Beverly said...

I always wear an apron when I'm in the kitchen. I make mine in a simple baker's style. They aren't nearly as cute as yours!

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Mary what a pretty apron.. Love it.. A dear blog friend, made me a Valentines fabric apron.. I love it and use it all the time.. Makes me think of her.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Mary, it is lovely. Do use it quickly - aprons always look used - it does almost seem a pity. I need to make some as well - they did fall out of favour - but they are so useful Great in the garden too.