I finally got something totally finished, and in plenty of time for next weekend's festivities.....
This is the Washi Dress by Made by Rae. You can see my first Washi Dress here.
I made a few modifications to make this work, adding 5/8" to the front bodice (moving bust darts down), chopping the back in two at the empire waist line just below shirring marks. Don't forget to account for the extra 5/8" seam allowances here. I didn't, and had to chop off the front of the dress which was too long. This works just fine for me because I am super short. I also cut the skirt on the bias to make a chevron pattern, using the fold line of the front and back skirts as the two-piece front and back skirt of the dress.
It was tough getting the waistline to match on this because of the pulling of the shirred lines, but it is close enough for my taste, and the rest of the stripes match front and back, which is the visual piece that would really be bad if mismatched.
All in all, I love this, and will proudly wear it at an Independence Day party we are helping host on the 6th of July.