Saturday, June 1, 2013

A Word from Sarah Liz


Hello Everyone

It's really lovely to have so many enthusiastic stashists joining the 2013 Style the Stash Sew A Long.  I've uploaded a video (my first ever! - I was sitting looking at the webcam which I have never used and thought why not?  I apologise for the sound quality - I can't get it clearer or louder).

Some of you are still in the processing of joining this lovely community.  If you are having difficulty joining please let me know.  The process should be straightforward, but problems can happen. At the bottom of this post I will put a couple of links which explain what happens and what we need to do.

Some of you want don't have blogs and want to post by email - just send me your posts and pictures, and I'll do the rest (email stylishsarah251@gmail.com).

Your posts about your stashes have been fantastic - for those of you still joining, you can post about your stash anytime you like.

Some of you are posting your plans for the month - thanks for kicking this off Scheryka and Beverly - and Hana has also posted her list of sewing goals.  Mary is busy making a beach capsule.  I'll post mine in a day or two.

As you all know this is a low pressure sew as you like, sew as you go sort of sew-a-long.

We've got 7 months to make 7 garments (that's the goal). But if you don't finish a garment one month, just finish it the next.

Okay, our "rules" again:

  • Each month make up one project from your stash
  • Make what you like - you will find suggestions under the tab at the top of this blog
  • You can make more than one project in a month 
  • For sew slows, don't worry about the end of month deadline - just keep on sewing the next month
  • Just start sewing something from your stash...
I've added a couple more suggestions in

Kay commented about making pants - quite a few of us are in the quest for perfect pants, and using your stash is a great opportunity to trial new pants.  You may find something in your stash that is perfect for a wearable muslin, or that you really don't like anymore.

Quite a few of us want to participate in Me-Made-May 14.  Given that this runs over a month, plenty of garments are going to be needed.  Think about co-ordinating wardrobe capsules - and make sure you make plenty of tops so you can ring the changes easily.  Think about your lifestyle and the weather in May - quite changeable in climates with seasons.  So think some layering garments as well.  I'll add these to the garment suggestion list.

That's enough from me for now, over to you...

Sarah Liz:)

PS:  The links I mentioned for joining a community blog/problems with joining:


https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/41440
https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/41959

14 comments:

Far said...

Love Your Accent!!! :) hehe

Mary said...

You have great screen presence! :-)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Thanks Far, I'm not sure what it is now, it's had to adjust to different countries :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Mary,thank you.

ozviking said...

It is so lovely to hear your voice - I feel I almost know you now. Great idea - keep it coming. Thank you for facilitating this project. I am really grateful.

Sally Burch said...

Thanks for all your patience with getting me added to this list... I hope to do a post after the weekend. Great idea and I'm looking forward to checking out some of the blogs of our fellow posters...

Hana said...

It's lovely to hear your voice, Sarah. Thank you again to organizing this sew along. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone make:)

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Hi Sarah,
You have a lovely voice.. Love getting to hear you.. thank you so much for hosting this lovely sew a long.
I will get my June "want to do" Project posted soon. Happy sewing .

Scheryka said...

Nice accent. I love to hear different accents...
That's one reason why I joined.. no worries if I don't meet the deadline! Yay!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Thank you - it's lovely to get that feeling - this is a small group, so hopefully we will all feel we know each other well at the end of the sew-a-long.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Sally, it's a pleasure, and I'm glad we got you added - I do take a personal interest in all of you.

No rush, post when you are ready, this is a pressure free zone :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hana, its a pleasure to organise because we all get to meet such lovely new sewers and bloggers :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

HI Judy, thank you - and its a pleasure to host the sew-a-long.

No rush with posting, just whenever and whatever you want.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Thank you Scheryka. I love meeting all sorts of different people too, from different areas and cultures.

Yes, this is a deadline free zone - enough deadlines, have to's and should's out there in the real world :)