Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Beata's Stash

Hi everyone!
After busy days traveling for my work and then getting sick in the end I have some time to finish my first post.
I admire all creations – you are all so good! I am so inspired by you all :-)
First things first - my name is Beata I am blogging by the name Red Point Tailor and I have fabric/pattern addiction :-)
I am very thankful Sarah Liz for holding this 2013Style The Stash Sew A Long!
I am so glad that this is easy going sew along till 31st December. It looks like a lot of time ... 

Red Point Tailor atelier - patterns and fabrics stash
My atelier - the patterns and the drawers full of fabrics














I don't think I ever stop buying fabrics/patterns however I will at least try to buy it in more structural way. All my patterns are listed in my pattern library on PatternReview. Now I can much easier check which pattern I have already have and avoid buying duplications. Unless I need it :-)
I love the way Sarah Liz is keeping her record of the fabrics in her stash hence one of the goals for me will be to create such simple, smart map with all examples of fabrics I have – and will have J
Participating in Me-Made-May 2013 was very helpful in identifying my needs (see my Flickr set - if its working) - from which proper fitting trousers are on the first place. I hope I will not use all my fabric stash on sewing only pant muslin :-)
The list set up by Sarah Liz is very helpful as well.. I will have to have closer look at it while sitting in my wardrobe...


And here are few pictures with results of my addiction...


Red Point Tailor - Beata's stash - 2013Style The Stash Sew A Long
My patterns stash

Red Point Tailor - Beata's stash - 2013Style The Stash Sew A Long
Some fabrics I have bought recently. At the back part of my sewing library.

Red Point Tailor - Beata's stash - 2013Style The Stash Sew A Long
More fabrics ...

Red Point Tailor - Beata's stash - 2013Style The Stash Sew A Long
and more fabrics...

Red Point Tailor - Beata's stash - 2013Style The Stash Sew A Long
oops ... and even more fabrics... I tend to forget about these ones as they are under the table... 


You may check my blog for more picture of the fabrics I am planning to bust during this challenge.

Enought patterns to try/bust, enought fabric to bust - let's do it! 




PS. Usually I use Wordpress and Windows Live Writer for my posts - I have to used to this new tool... Have anyone tip how to enhence pictures?




14 comments:

Janine said...

Welcome, Beata. I think we're all hoping our stashes aren't consumed getting a great fitting pant. Sarah Liz has been posting some great pants info.

Beverly said...

Hi Beata. You have some beautiful fabric! And your pants making looks better than mine.

Mary said...

welcome Beata! Nice fabrics, lots of inspiration in your pattern collection. I am looking forward to seeing more from you :-)

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Welcome Beatra. Best wishes on the pants..

Jacq C said...

Hi Beata, I really enjoyed seeing your makes in the MMM Flickr group. Good luck with the trousers :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Beata -and Welcome. I think all of us are in the same boat with more stash than sewing time - and quite a few of us are finding pants a little tricky. I need to make some more as well, and just groan at the thought of more muslins, or more boring pants of the original learners pants that I really don't like anymore. I think we all hoard patterns too.

redpointtailor said...

Thanks a lot! Thanks to Satah Liz I have another great fitting book in my sewing library - I am writing a post about it...

redpointtailor said...

Hi... I would like to send everyone away, take at least 1 week off, close myslef home and sew...
The pants - the latest version - is almost ready - next wearable muslin.
My advice - don't give up, make amadments and keep sewing :-)

redpointtailor said...

Hello! On the way to work today morning I was thinking about it and as I noticed a lot of bloggers is sewing/trying to make perfect fitting pants - I see this 2013 as a year of - proper fitting pants :-)
I think that we need another person who could check the back site of the trousers. The front is not such an issue.
The book you post about latetly is great!
I have to just adjust belt to my latest wearable pants musling ... then next one :-)

redpointtailor said...

Hi! These all beautyfull fabrics just calling - SEW ME! :-)

redpointtailor said...

Hi - thanks a lot!

redpointtailor said...

Hello - thanks a lot. It was very great experience.

Heather said...

Welcome Beata! I saw some of your creations during MMM and you have lots of talent. I haven't found the blogger interface a good one for dealing with pictures. I wish I had some tips for you, but mostly my photographing skills are rubbish.

redpointtailor said...

Thank you!
I will manage pictures - somehow... as all blogger interfaces have its pro's and con's...