Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Both Jeans Style Pants Finished





Both pairs of pants are now finished.

The first pair have normal stitched rear pockets.

(I have no idea why this photo is upside down. I've tried several times to correct, but no luck. It's the right way up on my computer.)

For the second pair, zips were used for the rear pockets.


I'll spare you all the rear view, but here's a side view.



Having spent a frustrating day trying to get some semi reasonable photos, I'd been really grateful for tips as I can sees you've all mastered the art of photos sans photographer. Asking DH to take a reasonable photo is out of the question ..... his idea of fantastic photo is one that is in focus!!!!

Anyway, that's 4m in total sewn .... the advantage to being short :-)

Happy sewing
Janine

13 comments:

ozviking said...

I wish I could obtain a fit that is even half as good as yours. Congratulations, the jeans looks great. Photos are such a problem. My DH won't take the photos for me as he doesn't like me posting on the internet. Instead I use a tripod and take lots and lots of photos in the hope I get at least one that is acceptable.

Sally Burch said...

Your jeans are amazing! I aspire to making jeans! One day.

On the subject of photos - I cheat. I have 3 daughters and we all have a very similar figures, so usually I put what I've made on one of them and then I take the photo!

Dk's Wife said...

Those look great! I want to try my hand at making jeans one day. I have the Jalie Jeans pattern just waiting.

Linda said...

Nice fitting jeans! I aspire to make pants one day that truly fit.

redpointtailor said...

Great fitting! Congratulations! Pictures are maybe not perfect but jeans YES!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Janine, the pants are fantastic - zips in the back pockets - I'm in awe. All those rivets - these jeans look wonderful.

Can understand how you feel about the photos - mine are not brilliant either. Occasionally DH takes my photo, always cuts the feet off.



Sew Blessed Maw said...

Smart idea.. I have one daughter , but shes not at home.ha

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Janine ,what great pants.. Congrats.
I so understand the photo taking .. My hubby will take some, but after the second one, he says "Is this enough?".. and by the third one..
it is "This is plenty!!" and all 3 most likely have something cut off.lol

Heather said...

Someday I'll get a pair of pants to fit that way. Someday. Kudos to you.

Hana said...

I love your jeans! It looks like a great fit.

Scheryka said...

Great fit!

Mary said...

Oh Janine, those are stellar!!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Looks as though a few of us are going to need jean fitting lessons, Janine :)