Thursday, June 6, 2013

Carole from Atlanta checking in...

"Linda" pants from stash

I'm kind of ashamed to say this fabric came from my stash, since technically the fabric came in from Gorgeous Fabrics a week or so ago, but hey, it did sit around for a few days and it was the right weight and stretch to give my Style Arc "Linda" pant another try.  My first try was with ponte, but this fabric has less stretch...more like a stretch woven, but it feels like a knit.  I like the fit a lot better on these.  To recap, rather than purchasing a new pattern from Style Arc (the "Barb") which apparently fits like the Linda in the body but has narrower legs, I decided to go full steam ahead and redraft the legs.  I'm pleased with them, but I need to lose about 15 pounds.  Pictures are lightened to show detail.  They are a dark charcoal grey with little flecks of white.  Sorry for the quality of the pictures, I was in a hurry and had no makeup on, etc.


7 comments:

Sally Burch said...

Those look to be a really useful pair of trousers. Great leg shaping too.

redpointtailor said...

Great fit! I think I will use my stash to achive good fitting pants :-)

Mary said...

Excellent pants!!

Janine said...

Great pants. I've been told I have to lose weight too - easier said than done , though.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi - it's always best to make for the weight you are - and try not to gain more, for health reasons. It is hard to lose weight - but important to have nice clothes whatever weight. Those pants are lovely, and when you wear them "properly" (with make up and other clothes ) will look superb>

ozviking said...

Those pants look fantastic on you. Such a great fit. Well done! Wish I could do that!

Mrs. Smith said...

Nice pants!!!