Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Checking in from Atlanta

Our Atlanta summer is shaping up to be hot and humid (so what's new?) and I've decided I need a few outfits that will "knock around the house".  I made a pair of my altered Linda pants from StyleArc in this amazing fabric, but I don't know what it is or where I got it from.  I had a friend who used to call it "parachute fabric".  It's silky, lightweight, and cool. I'd love to find more, but I have no idea what to look for.   I must have had about 2 1/2 yards because I also eeked out a little shell.  I am sparing you the sight of my unmade up face.

8 comments:

dkswife said...

They both look great! Whatever the fabric is, it looks very well suited for the pants and top.

Beverly said...

For me, pants fitting is the hardest thing. Yours look good!

Far said...

Parachute Fabric Pants And Tops? That Is Great! Somehow I Imagine If It's Parachute It Would Be Great For Outerwear Like A Jacket, But A Soft, Silky Cool One Definitely Make For A Comfy GarmenT In Hot Amd Humid Weather. Bring A Swatch Into Fabric Store, U Might Get Lucky! I Will Look Forward To TheFabric Content Info :)

Janine said...

Nice outfit. Could the fabric be Tencel?

SarahLizSewStyle said...

It certainly is a nice elegant outfit - it sits nicely, so there must be some drape factor in the fabric. I am sure your unmade up face is quite okay, but it's how we feel about ourselves sometimes, isn't it?

Pants are hard to master, especially with changing contours.

Linda said...

I am thinking Tencel fabric perhaps. Nice pants and top.

Mary said...

Yes, probably Tencel. You can find similar fabric in outdoor stores, and I think The Rainshed in Oregon sells it by the yard.

Mary said...

oops, hit enter too soon. Also, I love this good looking outfit.