Saturday, June 29, 2013

Curtains for sewing room


These curtains were an effort to block the summer sun from heating up my new south-facing attic sewing room. They were also an experiment in using the ruffle foot attachment on my old "vintage" Singer Model 15 sewing machine that was my mother's. It worked great, and I had fun. I used a blackout lining to hopefully help block the heat.
2 yards cotton fabric
2 yards blackout lining
3 yards cotton cut into six-inch wide strips for ruffles
Total: 7 yards from stash.

4 comments:

Mary said...

How cool (haha) is that? Nice fabric and ruffles.

Beverly said...

Those are pretty. I don't like making ruffles. Sounds like that attachment is just the thing.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Love your new curtains.. and I love my ruffling foot too.. Perfect for all the ruffles on the grandkids stuff.
Happy sewing.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

What a great idea - sort out multiple problems all at once :)

They look cute, I do hope they work well for you.