Friday, June 7, 2013

Far: First Work In Progress

Hi everyone!

I don't have much time because the Bean (my almost 3 year old son) is demanding his time on the computer and I need to make us some lunch, so this is a quick update on what I am working on right now:



Fabric: silk+cotton voile from FabricMart a couple years ago (2 yds) - navy or black (lighting is bad or my eyes are bad?) background with green/teal/ivory/white flowers with tiny white dots and silver lurex threads
Pattern: McCall's M6702, View B like my Peony Pink Linen version but with some modification which I will explain in the next post when it's done.

Ok, that's about it. Time to dash.

Happy happy sewing,
Far

9 comments:

dkswife said...

Oh pretty fabric and pattern. I cannot wait to see the end results!

Janine said...

Silk + cotton ..... yum! Looking good.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Love this pattern.. It is going to be pretty, like your other one..

SarahLizSewStyle said...

What a lovely fabric to work with - it will be a lovely blouse. To test colour, take fabric to window with good natural daylight. Also take a piece of known dark navy (maybe a reel of thread) and a piece of known black. See which one it matches - should be obvious in daylight. You can't tell colour properly in artificial light. Love the pile of books on the countertop.

Hope you enjoyed lunch and Bean his computer time :)

Far said...

Thanks Kay! Im JustChugging Along Slowly Here! Wish I Can Work Faster! :)

Far said...

It Does Feel Good To Touch, I Hope It's As Good To Wear :)

Far said...

Thanks Judy! I've.Worn The Pink One A Lot. Test Drive It. The More I Wear It The More I Realize I Need To Tweak Here And There For The Next Versions. This Is Gonna Be On My Tnt List IThink!

Far said...

It Seems In Between. Maybe More Black? ,The Tin.White Pinprick DotsMade It Diff To Say. Not As Black As.black Thread, But The Navy Thread I Have Is Too Bright. Hehehe...
After MOving Country, Several Apartments aNd Cross Country Somewhat, My Book Pile Is Very Small, Less Than 10. Everything ElsE In Ebook FormaT Nowadays. Never Thought I Ever Will Be Okay Without Physical Books. But I Will Hold On To My Fabric Stash Thank You Very MucH.. Hehehe

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Maybe it is French navy - that is really dark, almost black - darker than ordinary navy, but not as dark as black.

I've moved a lot too, and it really gets tedious packing and lugging those cartons of books. I haven't got a kindle yet, but I'm nearly "there". I have so many old books I'll never read again, it seems a shame to buy more. It's nice to have a few books around for that tactile experience occasionally.