Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Finally Here!!

I'm Dot from http://sewingfunthings.blogspot.com  and this is my first of several posts. Thanks to SarahLiz for helping delete the stash and thanks to a very close family member who chose several pieces of fabric along with the patterns and really started this journey. I'm a little behind on posting so it will take several days to catch up.

This is Simplicity 6130 which is a rust nylon poplin peplum top with three pleats on the left side. Using the invisible zipper made the top more interesting. Two inches were added to the length to waist measurements for a total of eighteen inches.

I used 1 3/8 yards of fabric from my stash.


8 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Dorothy..this is so cute-love the pleating and it's flirty in red.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Love the peplum top, and in red--- it is perfect.

Jacq C said...

That is a very nice pattern, lovely top :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Dot and welcome - I'm glad you finally arrived safely here :)

The top is gorgeous - Mary is right, the tip is cute and flirty - I think the colour makes it that way - it wouldn't have nearly the same effect in navy blue.

Hana said...

Hi Dorothy!
What a lovely peplum top, love the red color!

Dorothy DotDot said...

Thanks!

redpointtailor said...

Fabulous top! I love this peplum! I think I will make one top with peplum.

Scheryka said...

Cute top. And red! I made this peplum. It makes out very great. Great job.