Monday, June 24, 2013

Finally Some Finished Items!

I've got 3 new tops and almost done with a pair of pants. I'd spent awhile having no sewing mojo but I think it's back, with a vengeance :)

McCall's 6504 in an olive green cotton voile. I still need to hem it but I haven't been out to buy matching thread. I used a brown thread to sew it but need matching (obviously) to hem it.

Blog Post



McCall's 6754 in a grey and black striped ponte knit. This is a nice pattern that sews up really quickly. There's already more than half a dozen reviews on PR and I think there'll be many more through the summer. It was my daughter's idea to do the black trim. I like it :)

Blog Post



Butterick 5493 (OOP) has several cute views. I like this one best and the other with full ruffle might be next. I used a knit remnant that I picked up from Hancock for like $1.50 for the yard. 



Progress on Simplicity 2700.  Since this photo, I've taken out the side seams a little bit to reduce the whiskering. Now, I just need to add the waistband and hem them.


That's 5.5 yards used!!



13 comments:

Beverly said...

Wow, you've been busy! I especially like the Butterick top with the ruffle.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Wow.. you have really accomplished a lot. And some adorable blouses.. Love them all.. Happy sewing.

Kamilla K said...

Wow, tons of stuff!!! I really need to get into sewing mode myself...

xx
Sophisticated Lace

Jacq C said...

You are prolific! The olive green top is my favourite, because I love that colour so much. Black trim was a great idea, sets it off beautifully :)

Dk's Wife said...

Nice job on all the items. You have been very busy!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

These tops are all so lovely - I think I like the olive one best - although the ruffle comes a close second, the fuchsia is gorgeous, and the black binding is smart :)

redpointtailor said...

Wow! I am impressed. They are all great wardrobe builders!

Mrs. Smith said...

Thanks everyone! Bonus, I actually managed to feed my family as well this weekend!! ;-)

Thanks again Sarah Liz for putting this together, this is a great group!

Far said...

Wow! Pants Too? And Feed The Family! Awesome Job! I Love The Olive Top Here Most, Look Forward To See U Wearing It!

Dorothy DotDot said...

Everything is so pretty. I love the first one!

Hana said...

I like your grey peplum top and black top with ruffle. They are cute:)
Nice job!

Scheryka said...

That peplum top looks so comfortable!

Janine said...

I do love the peplum top .... heck! They're all pretty nice. I really need to look closer at the pattern books.