The weather this past weekend has been wet, cold and very grey. The upside to the miserable weather is some guilt free sewing time.
Last month I spent all my sewing time making a collection of tops for winter wear, so with this in mind, it was time for some co-ordinating pants.
Having tried numerous patterns for pants over the years, I've finally had quite good success using the OttobreWoman magazine pants patterns. While my pants still need a little tweeking, this is the best pattern I have used so far. Their draft is very similar to Burda with the longer crotch. This jeans style pant is one of my favourites for casual wear.
While the original pattern is for stretch capris, I have, in the past, used the same pattern to make full length pants. I find by lengthening this pattern 10cm, I get a pant length that can be worn with a 2-3cm heel.
I discovered 2 x 2m lengths of pinwale black cord in the stash. The first pair of pants are just about finished (just need to add the studs and button closing) and I'll cut the second pair later today - just need to get a spot of housework done first :-(
These will work with all the new tops, plus fill a gap in the wardrobe left when I tore the knee out of a pair of cords last week moving wood.