Friday, June 28, 2013

First Style the Stash Item completed: A Ladies Shirt!

It took a while, but finally 2 metres of stash have been converted into a blouse that, I am very proud to say, I have made all myself!

It is the first blouse I've ever attempted and so I chose Butterwick "Fast and Easy Classics" 6085 and a fabric I bought on ebay last summer.

This is the result:

And these are the blog posts I wrote about it's production:



and: 




Now just to finish my other half completed stash-busting top that is waiting patiently in pieces!

11 comments:

Mary said...

This is great-there is nothing like a cotton blouse during warm weather. You did well!

Sally Burch said...

Thank you! Just need the warm weather now! ;) ;P

Far said...

Great Top.Sally!!

Ellen Walker said...

Very pretty top. Nice job!

Beverly said...

Your blouse turned out great. And I have that same pattern & like it too.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Sally... what a pretty top. Know you will enjoy wearing it.. Happy sewing.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

You should be proud of yourself Sally, it's a very lovely blouse - it's very pretty, very classic, and will be winner to wear :)

PS you are brave - I still do not trust my automatic buttonholer and go back to my old operator skill manual method !

Hana said...

Adorable blouse! Perfect for summer:)

Dk's Wife said...

The blouse is very pretty! The button holes look great!

Sally Burch said...

Thanks all! :)

Heather said...

Great top! I really need to conquer my fear of the button down shirt.....