Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hello Everyone

Hi,

My name is Awilda and I am new to the 2013 Style The Stash Sew A Long. Sorry for the late introduction. I rarely wear anything I've made because I still consider myself a beginner.  I have more patterns than fabric at this point. Pattern's and sewing blogs seem to be my  weakness lately. However at some point I have to stop reading and start sewing. My goal is to make some easy tops now for summer and a maxi dress as they seem to be so comfortable and popular now. I've been working on this New Look pattern that I've had in a bin for a long time. I'm currently working on starting a blog about my sewing journey and as soon as I have it ready I will post the name. I'm inspired by all your sewing projects and hope to follow in your footsteps.

11 comments:

dkswife said...

Welcome! I am glad you joined. There are many talented ladies on this blog :) I am excited to see what you make. I love the fabric in the picture. I love abstract prints.

Judith said...

Welcome, Awilda! Can't wait to see what you sew over the coming months, and following your sewing journey on your blog. This fabric looks exciting - it will make a lovely top for you...J

Far said...

Welcome On Board Awilda! It's Going To Be A Really Fun Journey Mark My Words, and We Are Here To Follow Along And Give Encouragement On The Sidelines :) Xxx far

Linda said...

Welcome!

Mary said...

Welcome Awilda, this is the perfect place to stop reading and start sewing. I love the fabric you have in the photo-I am drawn to dramatic prints.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hello Awilda and welcome - I couldn't agree more with Mary - time to start sewing - it won't come easily at first, but with every garment you will learn something - and then what you have read will make more sense. Perhaps make a trial top out of very cheap fabric, or an old sheet, or fabric you don't like. (these trial garments are called muslins). That way you can correct the fit, and see what the garment looks like on you, and also learn how to make the top.

Heather said...

Welcome!

Janine said...

Welcome Awilda. You're on the right track - just jump in and give it a go, and don't forget to wear what you have made ... most people, when they find out you have sewn your own garment, are in awe of your abilities.

L said...

Welcome to Awilda and everyone else that has joined the sew along.

Beverly said...

Hi, Alwilda. What a pretty name! I think we'll all have a great time sewing together.

Awilda Mejias said...

Thank you all, for your wonderful words of encouragement and suggestions.