Monday, June 10, 2013

Butterick 5922

I am working on this Butterick pattern using a combination of Views C and D. I am not going to have a collar and I am going to have the three quarter length sleeves.


Here are a few photos taken earlier today  while I was working on adding the underlay.  The underlay fabric is a stretch lining fabric which has also been in my stash for a few years, maybe 3 or 4.  I acquired it from EmmaOneSock.
This is the underlay for the front piece.  I kept the darts created when completing a FBA; I eliminated the darts created in the lace knit by moving to side seam then retracing the side seam.
This is the back center seam.  After the first fitting I had to reduce the seam allowance from 5/8 to 3/8 from waist to bottom.  The back was hanging up over my hip fluff. From waist up I used 5/8 seam allowance. I also trimmed 3/8 inch at the front neckline as the neckline on me was very high.

I have attached the top at the shoulder seams and repinned the side seams. I am going to baste the side seams again as I need to take in an additional 1/2 inch through bust to eliminate some fullness at the side seam; from waist down return to 5/8 seam.  I may have to make another adjustment in the hip area as it pulled before but thinking the changes made in center seam will have taken care of this.

Updates later.

6 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw said...

THis is going to be so pretty.

Janine said...

This is coming along nicely, looking forward to see the finished top.

Mary said...

This is so nice-I love the elegance of it. Are you including the collar? I like this new Butterick pattern but no patterns for me for awhile :-(

SarahLizSewStyle said...

It is a pretty top Linda - you are always so busy sewing, and make some lovely things. It's always as well to have the wider seam allowances to allow "let outs' where needed.

Dk's Wife said...

The top is going to be lovely. The scalloped edges are very pretty.

Mrs. Smith said...

Oooh, I just picked this pattern up the other day. Can't wait to see your version!