Whoa diggity! This fabric was very difficult to sew. I almost threw it in the trash, but I am too much of a tightwad to do that, so I kept at it and perservered. This isn't my best work, but it does look good on me, and I will get lots of wear out of it during the summer months.
Sorry about the picture, but I used my cell phone because my camera card will no longer work in newer computers, so my camera has been made redundent! Dangit! I will eventually get another one, but it will be awhile. I would have modeled the skirt, but I got in a fight w/ chicken wire and it looks like a wild cat went after my right leg LOL, so no skirts for me this week!
Back to the skirt and fabric. I initially started out making a maxi dress, but I could not stand how it was turning out, so that idea got tossed in the trash can. I took the skirt portion of the pattern and just sewed up a center seam. Added elastic to the back, and put a couple of pleats in the front. I made a waistband out of some black ponte knit (I love ponte knit) that I had left over, and attached it! I hand sewed the hem because, again, the knit was a bear to sew.
Yardage used: Rougly 1-1/4 yards
I have enough of this fabric left that I might try to make Renfrew long sleeve cowl shirt for winter, but first I have to get over my issues w/ the fabric first :/
Thanks for looking!