Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I've Got Plans!

So as promised here I am with my June/July plans.  I'm always very ambitious with my plans so I'm very happy this is a laid back group.
I hope to copy these jeans for the PatternReview Jeans Contest.  I didn't bring much of my jean stash with me so I won't see what color it will be until Sunday.  I know I have a lovely heavier weight chambray that would be perfect but that is not technically denim.
Estimated yardage 2.5
I would love to make a copy of this Anthropologie shirt from last season.
I'm thinking M6035 will get me there
Estimated yardage 1.5
July is my birthday month and I always try to make something to go out in.  This year I'm thinking V1223
Estimated yardage 2 + 1 & 3/8 for lining
Next will be a bunch of M6559 maxi dresses and a pair of Sewaholic Thurlow shorts.  That pink stripe one may end up being a knit pencil skirt though.
Estimated yardage 6.5
3 plan jane solid knit Sewaholic Renfrew t-shirs- Estimated yardage-4.5

So that makes about 18.5 yards which would be an awesome start.

11 comments:

Dk's Wife said...

Pretty ambitious plans! I cannot wait to see what you make.

Far said...

Indeed! But It's Great Having Plans To Start From, Even If We Deviate From It One Reason Or Another. I Love How Draped Your Fabric On Dress Form,We Can See Your Fabric Better! I Might Copy This For My Future Plans Post! :)

Mary said...

Wonderful plan and I see many pieces I'd love to have in my closet. I like the wide "bell bottom" jeans.

Beverly said...

I love the jeans style! Lot of great plans.

Sam said...

I love the red floral fabric you're planning to use for your birthday dress. Your plans are great.

Scheryka said...

I like bell bottom pants, too, and all the potential maxi print fabrics are very cute. I'm sure we are all waiting patiently to see what's churned out of them. As for me, I have to take photos of me wearing one of my tops and I have to hem my maxi dress. Maybe I'll do the hemming tonite.

Janine said...

Nice display of fabrics (drooling here over several!) Love your birthday dress plans.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Love your plans.. and that is using up a lot of your stash.. SO proud for you.. Happy sewing, and I look forward to seeing them..
ps the pants pattern is so cute.

Faye Lewis said...

Love that Jeans pattern. Great plans.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Lucky you finding a vintage pants pattern like that. If you don't want it....

Your draped fabrics are gorgeous - not easy to get them down under so you've got some Oz envy. Everything is lovely - I usually have more plans that I can make though - hope you can swing these ones, cos we all want to see them now!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Just having another look at the draping on the dummies - it really does give a good idea of how the finished garment will look :)