Thursday, June 6, 2013

Judy's Sewing ---[Just a little from the stash]

              Sewing for My Friend's Children [Camp Needs]

 I  wanted to update you on my sewing from the stash.. I have not
gotten a chance to sew from my list of plans , this week.. I have
been sewing for a friend's kids, who are going to camp. I did use
a few fabrics from my stash for this-  I used 4 fabrics from my
stash...  But some were purchased by my friend. [ NO cheating here,ha]

4 Tops Each for Both Girls
Each top has embroidered or Appliqued  Initials
 [ Also, did the chevron pockets with initials on
RTW t-shirts for both girls]

Trunk Toppers
 I had never heard of these.. They are padded and  have sides
on them.. They fit the top of the trunks. This is to help
keep the kids   things together. I mailed
them today [say a prayer they fit??]

Second trunk topper

ps... Hope to get to sewing my list this next week.

18 comments:

Janine said...

The outfits are tooooo cute!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Judy - as always, busy sewing - and really I think that is the main thing - and anyway, all fabric is stash really, when you come to think about it, so as you say, no cheating here :)

These are all such gorgeous things - the recipients are so lucky. And plans are made to be put aside to go back to later...

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Thank you Janine, Sewing for children is so fun.. [there little clothes are so cute...not like adults.ha]

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Thank you Sarah.. I hope the girls enjoy camp and their new things too.

ozviking said...

Wow you have been busy - you will end up putting me to shame if you keep up that pace :) Very cute little outfits though.

Dottie Doodle said...

Love the bright colours. And trunk toppers - that's a new thing to me!

Dk's Wife said...

I've never heard of truck toppers either. They are cute whatever they are LOL. Again, the tops are adorable.

Scheryka said...

Someone has twins. Trunk toppers? I'll have to do a Google search on that one. Lol But the fabrics are too cute! I love sewing for my kiddos. But not like I like to sew for myself... (snickering).

Mary said...

Great stash busting projects.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Ha.. trust me , this was a rushed job .lol.. I will be slowing down way too much.
Thank you so much.. Enjoyed sewing for the children.. so much easier than grown people.ha

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Too funny...
I had never seen trunk toppers either.. All I had was the measurement of the trunks [I call them foot lockers? old age , I guess, ha] So. lets pray they fit???

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Actually, the girls are 2 yrs apart, but they are nearly the same size.. One is a little taller than the other..
But, I have twin granddaughters who are 8 yrs old.. So, use to having to sew in sets of 2..
Happy sewing.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Thank you... Wish all of it had come from the stash.. But their mom picked out some from Hobby Lobby, and I had to go buy it.. [what fun, when your in a stash busting/no buying fabric, lol]

Far said...

I Too Thought They Are Twins!! :) So Fun To have little Girls To Sew Cute Stuff For!!

Cathe said...

Excellent job Judy! Adorable shirts and super smart toppers! Love your embroidery!

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Thank you Far... It is fun to sew for little girls.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Thank you Cathe.. embroidery is so fun.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Thank you Dottie, the trunk toppers were new to me.. The girls mom, sent me a photo of one.. I think all the kids there, are taking them to camp this year..