Saturday, June 29, 2013

June Skirt Finished


I did it - made another garment for June - that makes a skirt, a polar fleece jacket and a little polar fleece vest out of the scraps.

This skirt used up 1.7 yards of stash - a baby wale corduroy, not very good quality (from Spotlight)  that has been hanging around for years.   It has a godet pleat insertion at the back, otherwise it is a standard straight (not pegged at all, so it looks a little A-Line - which I like) skirt.


Corduroy skirt, Front


The next picture shows the back - I have pulled the skirt sideways and angled the godet out a bit so you can see it. Black is hideously awful at showing detail.

Corduroy skirt, Back
I've also been playing with trouser muslins - and that has eaten a bit of stash this month.   My last attempt worked - and also used up another yard of calico.  

15 comments:

Judith said...

Your stash will be bare with all this sewing! I do love a corduroy skirt for winter. And that godet at the back is a lovely surprise...J

Ellen Walker said...

What a wonderfully perfect skirt for many different types of occasions. I love the style. I'm sure it will be a great addition to your wardrobe.

Hana said...

Lovely skirt! I like this type of skirt. Nice work:)

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Great skirt.. KNow you will get lots of use from it.. Happy sewing.

Beverly said...

I love corduroy & it's a cute style.

Dk's Wife said...

Nice looking skirt. I bet it looks great on you. It will certainly keep you warm during the winter months.

Mary said...

This is a wonderful skirt-it will surely get lots of wear.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

I have plenty of stash to work through yet :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Yes, Ellen, it will be very useful - it can be more casual or a little smarter :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Thank you Hana :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Judy, yes it's that sort of skirt :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Thanks Beverly, it is cute :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Yes it will, and it does look good on - I'll take a photo one day of me wearing it.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Mary, it should because it is the sort of thing I do like :)

Scheryka said...

I just can't get myself to sew corduroy right now even though I want a few pants and skirts myself! Kudos to your new - and cute - skirt!