Monday, June 10, 2013

Keeping me honest

I'd forgotten about posting this blouse until I got an email with all the goodies everyone has been making.  This took almost 2 yards of cotton voile.  I'd feel better about my stash except I just bought 1 1/2 yards more at a sale at JoAnn's fabrics!  The pattern is a matchup of my blueprint bodice (SureFit Designs) plus the collar from a vintage Simplicity pattern, sleeves from a different vintage Simplicity, cuffs from a Butterick pattern, and back curved hem from my own design.  I did hand rolled hems on the collar and hem.  The blouse is meant to go with the grey pants I blogged about last.


9 comments:

Beverly said...

Such pretty fabric & I love the ruffle!

Far said...

Very Romantic!! I Wonder How It Will Look Paired Up With Your Grey Pants. Do Share When You Can :)

Sew Blessed Maw said...

SO pretty...

Janine said...

Pretty blouse. Don't you just love the fact that sewing allows you to get exactly what you want.

Mary said...

This is really pretty and feminine. Will we see it paired with the pants, on you? :-)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

That is a lovely blouse - how do you find the sure fit pattern system - I have one, but haven't used it much yet.

Dk's Wife said...

It is beautiful. It looks so floaty :)

Dorothy DotDot said...

This is super sweet!

Linda said...

Very pretty. I really need to look into this SureFit system!