Monday, June 24, 2013

McCalls 8609 [Judy's quick Sewing Fix]

  I have made this blouse before , so the fitting was already done.  I have been super
busy , painting Kenny's deer cabin, so I haven't had any sewing time.. Yesterday, I
decided to do a quick blouse. [I needed my sewing fix!!!].  I have had this fabric for 2 yrs.
http://sewblessedmaw.blogspot.com/2011/06/new-fabric-store-joanns-and-grand.html
This is not the pattern, I had originally planned for the fabric..[Plans do change!!]
It was simple to make, and I have really enjoyed wearing the previous one, I made.
[I have enough golden color linen to make a matching skirt, so that will be in my future,
but for now, I will wear it with some olive green capris ,that I already have]


                                                
                                                     McCalls 8609 view B [white version]

Stash busting-- Used 2 1/4 yds fabric.

6 comments:

Dk's Wife said...

Nice top. It will look great w/ the yellow skirt!

Mary said...

And it will look adorable with olive green capris.

Mrs. Smith said...

Don't you just love those quick sewing projects? Really nice top. It'll be perfect for summer!

Beverly said...

Love cotton blouses for summer. Your fabric is so pretty.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Yes, summer sewing can be so nice and quick - a very pretty blouse - I do hope you get to wear it - probably not while you are painting and cleaning the cabin :)

redpointtailor said...

Fabulous summer blouse - and the summer colours!Maybe I should sew few simple garments to get back on a track...