Wednesday, June 12, 2013

New Fuzzy Fleecy Jacket


Polar fleece is really bulky stash to have lying around - it takes up quite a bit of space.  I needed a new winter jacket - my old (and it was second hand when it was new to me) blazer had to be retired a few years ago because is was so shabby.  I have missed it ever since, so I decided to make this.  While not a tailored blazer, it is a nice classic shape - and also very utilitarian - I'll be able to wear it to the supermarket and not have to worry about getting the jacket grubby while doing chores.  I'll feel dressed without feeling overdressed.

I've got full details of this jacket on my blog:

http://sarahlizsewstyle.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/my-new-jacket-blurry-out-of-focus-self.html

I used up 2 yards of stash.

Happy stash styling and sewing everyone :)

Sarah Liz

13 comments:

ozviking said...

Your jacket looks like a very warm and comfy jacket. I would never have thought to make a classic jacket from polar fleece, but it obviously works. Clever you!

Janine said...

Perfect for our current weather.

Mary said...

impressive work with polar fleece!

dkswife said...

It is lovely, and will be pretty warm during those cold months. I like how you finished the inside seams. That is a good idea.

Far said...

It's Pretty Sarah LIZ!AlmOst Too Pretty For Supermarket Run, But That's The Whole Point Isnt It? :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

It certainly is - getting cooler next week

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Yes Mary, it took a bit of doing - polar fleece has a mind of it's own!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Thank you Kay - I get tired of all the ugly clothes around, so I thought this pretty cut would cheer me up :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Far, yes, that is the point - I can wear something nice that is in a fabric that you don't need to worry about. I think I will be making this pattern more than once :)

I want nice clothes for these jobs because then you feel better about yourself while doing them :)

Ellen Walker said...

Nice!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Thank you Ellen :)

Beverly said...

Nice job! And I'm sure will be a very useful garment.

Heather said...

Looks super cozy. Creative thinking on the closures. I love it.