Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Posting for Kathy...

Hello everyone,

One of our members (Kathy) is blogless at the moment but is still sewing and styling her stash along with us - and she has been very busy...

I'll post  her email so that Kathy can speak for herself :-

I have finished the first two items from my stash. The skirt is from a self-drafted pattern which fits! Woot! The fabric is a remnant of curtain material which was given to me years ago. Haven't a clue what it is but it is very nice.

The cardigan is the Style Arc  Abby Cardi pattern. The fabric is some interlock bought from Spotlight at least two years ago. I will make this pattern again in a more drapey fabric next time.


My stash isn't enormous but needs to be whittled down so I can buy more  heh heh!. This Stash Sew A Long is a great incentive to sew without any pressure.
Congratulations to all the participants who are producing such a great range of items.

Kathy


14 comments:

Dk's Wife said...

They are both beautiful! Lovely work Kathy :0)

KathyS said...

Thank you. It has been good for me to be nudged along. I tend to plan instead of sew. :-)

Janine said...

The skirt and cardigan look lovely - I especially like the look and colour of the cardigan.

Judith said...

Super sewing, Kathy! I love the colour of the skirt - fancy that being old curtains. You certainly have the sewing bug now....

Hana said...

Nice work, Kathy! I like the bright color of the cardigan and the skirt also pretty:)

Scheryka said...

Nice job, Kathy. One day I'll draft my own patterns. One day. Until then, I'll enjoy the Big 4 et. al.

iwantasimplewardrobe said...

To sew without pressure...what a terrific idea! Your skirt is lovely and so is the cardigan...very versatile :) m.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Kathy - what a wonderful effort - the skirt adn cardigan are both beautiful - can't wait to see what you come up with next :)

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Kathy, Love your skirt and cardigan..Great job. I agree the sewing from our stash, with out pressure is perfect.. Happy sewing.

KathyS said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments.

Mary said...

I love both pieces, and the colors! The colors are some of my faves. We should all trade stash!

Heather said...

I really love that cardi. It looks a bit like the one I am knitting right now and is also blue!

redpointtailor said...

Lovely pieces! Great job!

Far said...

Waves At Kathy, Hi Kathy!!!! :)