Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Red and Gray, The Colors for Today

...And the sky.
I used .75 yard of gray and 1.75 of red. For a total of 2.5 yards.
It started out all nice bright and sunny. But whilst I am writing this entry, the skies darkened. The wind began to blow. The chime got louder. Then came the thunder.
Sounds like a movie opening for Steven Spielberg? Lol. It really happened. True story.

I've been MIA for a while. I have been sewing. I just have yet to wear and post. I also had to recover from traveling. So happy sewing and here's my latest.

V8711 (skirt) and NL6521 (OOP; top)

 I love this shot.
More on the website:ScheyButta
My next project to have done by the end of the month is Butterick 5884 in a gradient, yet alternating striped blue fabric.

Until later, Everyone!

23 comments:

redpointtailor said...

I love this colour combination! Great job on garments!

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Love your outfit.. Such a pretty outfit. Happy sewing.

Beverly said...

Great looking outfit!

Scheryka said...

Thank you Red Point Tailor!

Scheryka said...

Thank you, Sew Blessed Maw!

Scheryka said...

Beverly, thank you!

Ellen Walker said...

Very nice! I love your skirt. Good work!

Jacq C said...

You look fabulous in that outfit, great style for you :)

Janine said...

Ooh! La! La! Great looking skirt. Nice cheery colour.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

I agree with Janine - you have to have great curves for that sort of skirt (sigh, I'm envious!). Fantastic skirt and looks nice with the simple top

Dk's Wife said...

You look awesome! The skirt is fabulous!

Hana said...

Nice outfit! I love the bright color of your skirt:)

Scheryka said...

Thank you, Ellen!

Scheryka said...

Thank you, Jacq! I think I want more more more!!! Lol

Scheryka said...

Janine, yes! I love color.

Scheryka said...

Sarah, don't sigh. Believe me, if you don't have hips, you will once you put that skirt on. It's designed to give you hips or enhance the ones you have! ;)

Scheryka said...

Thank you, DKs Wife!

Scheryka said...

Thanks Hana! I need love color. All colors! I need more color... Lol

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Thanks Scheryka, I'll have to try it next time VPatterns are on sale :)

Mary said...

Now that's style! I love the skirt lines, and the colors are wonderful on you.

Scheryka said...

Yay!

Scheryka said...

Thank you, Hana!

Scheryka said...

Thank you, Mary! I love the lines, too.