Monday, June 10, 2013

SIMPLE BUT NECESSARY...


...as I continue working on my idea of a perfect Summer Breezes Wardrobe, I've had visions of adding a simple stripped garment to the collection.  I've had the knit fabric in my stash for about three years years now.  This project used 1 1/2 yards of it.  I reached WAY back into my pattern collection and pulled out an old but goody

for a good fitting basic tee shirt.  One of the reasons I like this simple pattern is that it has no bust dart.  I detest making darts in knit fabrics because they just never press well - IMO.  This pattern is dartless.  I have also often wondered why some knit patterns have center back seams.  I use to think that it was senseless.   Little did I know that the center back seam lends itself to better fitting options - found this out during the Essential Tops Sew-A-Long several months go.  

I plan to wear my blue and white 3/4 length sleeved stripped t-shirt with a pair of traditional navy bell bottom pants that I made during my Pant's Marathon last month but never posted. 


My top's plain and simple, but just what I needed to go with my bells.

I used a twin needle for the hems after deciding on hemming with white rather than blue.


11 comments:

Beverly said...

Love your top! I love stripes & wish I had some in my stash.

Far said...

Me Too, All The Above!

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Perfect t-shirt.. I love the stripes.. SO pretty. Happy sewing.

Janine said...

Navy and white always looks so fresh and alive to me. This top will make a great addition to your wardrobe.

Mary said...

ohh, perfect tee. This looks so inviting.

Heather said...

HAHA. This is the same pattern I used for my "PJ's". Looks great in stripes!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

What a fantastic addition to your summer breeze collection Faye - the pattern does make up nicely. Navy and white always look top notch - and now the stash has been styled and sewn up into a lovely garment :)

Dk's Wife said...

I love it. T shirts are essential in any wardrobe. I wear them alot during the summer w/ my skirts.

Scheryka said...

A very oldie but goodie Nautical look. Very cute.

Katej841 said...

I've always thought that was a very good-looking pattern, good choice! And, I like the stripe very much

Linda said...

I like this top! It looks like summer and nautical!