Saturday, June 15, 2013

Simple Stashbuster

Hi there!  Happy Friday everyone.

I've finally managed to finish my first stashbusting item for this sew-a-long and I'm pretty happy with it.

 
Those of you who read my regular blog may know that I'm a little bit obsessed with the pattern I used - it's actually a dress pattern - New Look 6000.  I've used it several times and I'm pretty sure I'll use it again.  I just chopped it off at hip length to make a top rather than the dress.

 
 
I only used 0.8m of fabric (and 0.5m of lining) but it's a start!  You can read more about this project (and my frustrated ramblings) here.
 
Next up is (hopefully) a dress using my black and white "brushstrokes" linen. 

14 comments:

Far said...

Gorgeous Top, In A Gorgeous Fabric,Perfect Match For Your Meringue Skirt. It Is The Meringue Isn't It?

Beverly said...

Love your fabric! And great to have a pattern that fits so well you can use it over and over.

Beverly said...

Oh, I like your skirt too.

Sam said...

Thank you. Yes it is a Meringue skirt, well spotted!

Sam said...

Thank you.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

What a beautiful top, love the fabric and it looks so pretty with the red Colette skirt .. Happy sewing and congrats on your using your stash.

Dk's Wife said...

Your top is lovely. The butterflies are so pretty.

Hana said...

Pretty outfit! I love your fabrics choice.

Janine said...

Great outfit.

Mary said...

Summery and sweet, especially with the skirt.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Sam, well, I have to agree with everyone - the whole outfit is gorgeous and suits you nicely. The top is so fresh, pretty and lovely - and there is nothing wrong with using a TNT pattern over and over again - it always looks different in other fabric choices anyway.

Sam said...

Thank you Sarah Liz (and everyone else), I'm really happy with how the top turned out.

Heather said...

Really great pattern on this fabric and the fit is fabulous.

redpointtailor said...

I love this simple butterflies top! Really summer one!