Saturday, June 29, 2013

Skirt & blouse

This is what I wore for the wedding. The blouse is made of quilter's cotton. I saw a 7/8-yd remnant of it at JoAnn's and fell in love with it. It has birds and butterflies and flowers in just the right colors--pink and blue. But there wasn't enough, so we made a trip to another JoAnn's to buy another yard of it off the bolt. So 1 7/8 yard for the blouse. The skirt is made of a wool gabardine from Denver Fabrics. I bought enough of it to make a jacket, too, something that will happen (hopefully) in the future. It took just over a yard. Total fabric used: about 3 yards.


Check out my blog to see why making the skirt made me giggle.

6 comments:

iwantasimplewardrobe said...

What a lovely blouse Ellen :) Yes, I'll stop by your space... m.

Beverly said...

That fabric is so pretty.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Ellen, I love this outfit.. so summery and pretty.. You are getting a lot of sewing done..

SarahLizSewStyle said...

The outfit is lovely - very pretty - yes, you are certainly in the sewing way at the moment :)

Dk's Wife said...

It is a great outfit, and it looks like it fits you very well.

Mary said...

I love the blouse print! Nice outfit.