Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Stash Sew A Long


I've joined a stash busting sew along hosted by SarahLizStyle.  It's the kind of gently encouraging sew along I like, very laid back and with no real "rules".  Seven months left in the year (can that be right?) and being encouraged to sew seven garments from your stash.  Here's a picture of my stash of summer fabrics only:

The winter fabrics are in plastic bins in the walk in closet in my sewing room.  And I'm sorry to say that more fabric is on the way, plus some fabulous silk in a bag on my sewing table.  So you can see I could sew for two years at one garment per month with just this stash.  Generally, thankfully, I make a couple of garments per month so there is some hope of at least keeping even.  I have a pair of StyleArc "Linda" pants almost finished from fabric that came in last week.  Why is it that I always want to sew the newest fabric first?  However, I have to admit I've been wearing my latest Linda pants so much I haven't even taken a picture of them, they are always wrinkled from wear.  And at least two of the above bins are for tennis outfits, and I've already made nine.  A couple of bins are for dance dresses, which should be coming up soon...maybe next month.  The clothes I'm sewing right now are things I need right now:  pants and tops that are cool enough for an Atlanta summer. 

8 comments:

Dk's Wife said...

Hello and welcome! I always get excited waiting to see what others are making!

Far said...

Hi There! Look Forward To See Your Projects And Th Silk And New Fabrics! :)

Mary said...

Hi Carole, welcome and I know exactly what you mean-why am I attracted to the most recent fabrics? Patterns too!

Scheryka said...

Hi, and welcome. I like to sew the newest fabrics, too. It's because they are the recent loves of my life. I am sewing some right now items too. But I will get to some later needs eventually.

Janine said...

Welcome, Carole. Great stash - another silk lover here.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Hi Carole, so nice to meet you.. YOu have a nice summer stash.. Look forward to seeing what you make.. Happy sewing.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Carole and welcome - lovely to have you with us.

I think we all fall in love with the newest bit - then put it to one side, and don't quite make up the next newest bit - and so the stash grows.

Your plans to make some garments to fill an immediate need are fantastic - how hot does Atlanta get in high summer?

Jacq C said...

Hello Carole - I always want to work with the newest piece of fabric first, I need to start harnessing that energy! :)