Wednesday, June 5, 2013

stash to skirt (stashbuster #2)

Fabric used: 3 yards for the skirt and it's lining

Today I went to the dentist for the third of 4 visits to complete some crown work.  I'm not sure why the visit warranted a skirt, except that it made me feel better to start out the morning dressed a bit nice.

This A-line skirt is from S 4951 and the top is M 5890.  I've recycled the Simplicity pattern now as I have lots of skirt patterns and I'm not overly happy with the draft of this one.  The skirt is just too  wide below the yoke.  I've used the pattern three times and each time have shaved a bit more width from the skirt...It had it's chance :-)  The McCalls pattern is one I'll keep and use for lots of easy travel pieces.  This little black shell is about a year old and not one of my faves because the RPL knit is "sticky".

The fabric, floral cotton with a wonderful drape, was bought in Portland, OR last year.  I have some left so you may see this floral again.


9 comments:

Far said...

Thats A Sweet Fabric. U Must Be The Only Person I Know That Made A Special Skirt To Go To The Dentist! :) But It's Such A Sweet Skirt, Definitely A Great Way To Make Me Smile If I Had TO GO To The Dentist Again... Cringe...

ozviking said...

Already completed your second item in this stash busting sewalong. I am very impressed and a little intimidated. I love the pretty fabric and the skirt looks gorgeous on you.

Scheryka said...

Ooh, cute skirt.

Hana said...

Lovely skirt! I love the floral fabric:)

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Love your skirt.. So cute.. best wishes with your dentist visits.. [Not the most fun place to go.. but at least ,you have a cute skirt to wear.yea.]

Beverly said...

Nice, summery outfit!

Dk's Wife said...

You look so easy breezy in that skirt. It is pretty and looks comfy.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Mary, yes, some patterns need binning - the skirt looks great though, and why not wear something nice to the dentist. No-one enjoys going - especially for crowns/root canals, but at least when it's over you feel okay about how you look!

It's a pretty, fresh, skirt, be lovely for travelling.

Mrs. Smith said...

Very flattering! And I love the fabric.