Tuesday, June 4, 2013

stashbuster #1 is done

Hi group,  I'm done with my beach tee using B 5855 and I would guess I used 2 yards of stash fabric.  Overall, I'm happy with it but I know this look is not for everyone.  It's slouchy, loose, uber casual and very beachy.  It's not beach wear as in resort wear but more a nod to my teenage years during the late 60s while growing up in northern California.  I wore it today while shopping for annuals, and it slips a bit on the shoulders.  I think I'll probably wear a tank underneath as I hate the look of visible bra straps.  If you are interested in making this top, please go to Pattern Review and see my review.  I'll be posting it after I leave here.

I used three different ?linen or cotton/linen remnants which coordinated nicely.  I altered this to a size xxs so be forewarned if you are going to sew it.  The neckline is bound with a bias strip from the smallest striped fabric.

How is everyone else doing?  

13 comments:

Beverly said...

Mary, that top really looks great on you. And I love how you used the different fabrics.

Heather said...

I really like this top. Looks super comfy.

Judith said...

Love the use of fabrics - great work! It does looks super comfy...J

Sam said...

That looks fabulous! What a great start. I cut out my first stashbusting project this afternoon. Its a dress that I'm hoping will be finished in time for me to wear Friday evening.

Far said...

Great Top! I Love The Look, Casual Slouchy Stuff Is Definitely What I Love, ANd Piecing Those Fabric Together IsA Good Use Of NoT Too BigFabric(Note To Myself).

Dk's Wife said...

Oh I love it. If I didn't work, I would dress like that every day LOL

Scheryka said...

Congratulations, Mary, you have busted some stash! Your top looks very cool and the mixed prints compliment each other well.

Janine said...

Love the way you've used the fabrics. You look very relaxed in your new top.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

So happy for you , that you have used up some of your stash.. And you have a lovely top too. I like the different fabrics in it. Great idea.. Happy sewing.

Mrs. Smith said...

Great combination of fabrics! Very pretty top

Faye Lewis said...

Your top is really attractive. I like it a lot.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Mary, those fabrics look made for each other - it looks very boutique. I think the style is lovely for really hot weather - who needs cling then. Yes, slipping shoulders that expose bra straps is not a good look - have you ever used bra strap holders - little strips with press fasteners that anchor the bra strap?

Hana said...

Hi Mary! I love your top so much. It looks very comfy and pretty.