Hi, it's Ellen from Utah again. :-) Our wedding is over, and it was a great success. The bride and groom are happy and home from their honeymoon and getting settled. All the little children looked darling in their pink dresses and gray vests with blue bow ties. I did most of the sewing for the dresses and vests before the month of June, but there were a few that didn't happen until the week before the June 14 wedding. Here is one of them.
This is Butterick 3714. It took about 2 yards of pink satin fabric, plus 1/2 yard of organza overlay for the bodice and sleeves, plus 2 yards of pink lining, plus 2 yards of gray tulle for the ruffle on the lining under the skirt, for a total of about 6 1/2 yards. I made two of these particular dresses, but the other one was completed in May, so I guess it technically doesn't qualify for the stash sew-along. But that's okay! For more pictures, check out my blog.
Once I get pictures of me in my outfit that I sewed a few days before the wedding, I'll post those too. Then I hope to move on to some basic sewing for my personal wardrobe!