Saturday, June 22, 2013

Topic of 2013–pants fitting issues

Probably you all noticed that there are a lot of us trying to achieve proper fitting trousers this year. Maybe because I am busy with the pants I see this topic popping up on blogs more often than usually.
Wonderful Sarah Liz – who is sewing trousers as well and wrote a lot of great posts regarding trousers fitting issues (check this one with fantastic advises) – has shared on her blog a book – The Classic Guide to Altering Patterns - The Perfect Fit.

First I thought – well... another book; shall I buy it; is there really something new...

Topic of 2013–pants fitting issues, there is still hope for my trousers, must have in sewing library


Read more here ...

I used 1.5 m of fabric

Red Point Tailor

2 comments:

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Beata - I am so thrilled the book had information you could use in it - I know, because I checked your blog. It's an old book, and the fashions are dated, but the principles are sound. I just will be thrilled if you manage to make pants this year that start to work :)

Scheryka said...

Hi. I have this book and find it quite useful. Another book that I found to be helpful is Reader's Digest New Complete Guide to Sewing with tips from Tim Gunn. 2011.
Happy Pant Sewing!