Sunday, June 2, 2013

Towanda's stash - Beyond SABLE

I'm glad to be joining this group. I've been focused on sewing from my stash since February. I've been really good about limiting my fabric purchases. I love collecting fabric and have been on the hunt for over 20 years. Fabricmart.com is my weakness. I spent Memorial Day re-doing my stash while I was waiting for a delivery of fabric, :)

First shelving unit - holds black, gray and pants weight fabrics. Black blouse weight fabrics are in the Ziploc bag. The bin holds light colored lining fabrics.

Second shelving unit - holds blue and light colored fabrics. The bins hold more lining fabrics. The bottom shelf holds pleather for purses, wicking fabrics and a bin with silk organza and tie fabrics

Third shelving unit - top shelf adds color to my stash. Second shelf holds beige fabrics. Third shelf holds lingerie fabrics and the bottom shelf holds bulky fabrics.

Top shelf holds light weight jacket fabrics, ponte knits and fabric that didn't make it into a bin.
First shelving unit

Second shelving unit

Third shelving unit


Top shelf









 
 


11 comments:

Sally Burch said...

Wow! That's quite a large stash!!! Clothing for several families for a year or three there! ;-)

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Wow...what a collection of fabric.. SO impressive.. I love that you have it all grouped into categories.. I so need to do this..
Look so forward to seeing what you make.. Happy sewing.

Far said...

Hi Towanda! Was just over by your blog and my your fabric stash is huge, organized and lovely!!! So great that your DH went out and get you the containers you need! :) look forward to see what comes out from your sewing room :)

Mary said...

Hi Towanda!! What a stash. It is your own personal store :-) Love it.

Beverly said...

Great stash! And so organized.

Faye Lewis said...

Can I come to visit???

Janine said...

Hi Towanda. Gosh! That's some stash! Loving those shelves with the blues and purples ;-)

Scheryka said...

Forget my tea party! We're all going to Towanda's!

ozviking said...

Hi Towanda - great stash you have there. I wonder where you will start? Which shelf will you go to first? I look forward to seeing your creations.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Towanda, that's the best stash yet - how wonderful - but yes, I agree with you, time to start styling and sewing that stash - you have certainly got lots of choices :)

And welcome, lovely to have you with us.

Jacq C said...

Wow - just wow! :)