Sunday, June 9, 2013

What great posts so far...

Hi everyone - it's been fantastic to see everyone enthusiastically posting about their stashes and even more wonderful to see some of the finished projects some of you have already made.  I've posted each project in the gallery - and I am keeping a tally of the amount of stash we use in total - so please post the amount of stash used in each garment when you post it.

Some of you are working on projects and posting progress news - please feel free to do this - it's great to see what everyone is doing.  Refashions, you name it, whatever you are doing, post it - while it's nice to see finished garments, the story along the way is just as interesting.

I've had a head cold this week, and developed sinusitis this weekend - so my major June stash busting project - casual jacket and skirts - has been a little slow going this weekend.  Very slow this morning - made the collar and pockets:


And worked out how to finish the seams - as the jacket is in polar fleece, I can't press the seams open or I will flatten the pile.  So I trimmed one seam back, and lay the other over the top - already serged, so it looks finished.

Inside view of seam finish
I kept slowly working on the jacket - what else can you do with a sore head?  And got to this stage by late afternoon.  I'm not going to push on further now - that's when you can really muck up.  It's a public holiday here tomorrow, so I'll go back to it then.

Collar, sits okay, matches at CF

Somehow managed to get front edges the same length
No major disasters

That's my news - I'm off to look at everyone's blogs now...

Sarah Liz :)



10 comments:

Dk's Wife said...

It is going to be very nice. I like how you finished the seams. It has a very professional look to it.

Feel better soon. Head colds and sinus infections are yucky.

Janine said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling the best - it's certainly that time of year for us, downunder. The jacket's looking smart. Look forward to seeing it finished.

Far said...

So Far SO GoodWith The Jacket Sarah LIz!
Hope That You Get Better Soon!

Mary said...

The jacket looks wonderful so far. I really like the seam finishing you chose to do. Hope you feel better soon.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Your jacket is looking good.. Hope you feel better soon.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Thank you Kay - I'm sitting down quietly at the moment, so can spend lots of time fiddling with the jacket :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Janine, it is, and things tend to sit - never mind, we all have these problems from time to time. Public holiday today, so I had some sewing time :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Thanks Far - and sewing is like that - always hoping you don't muckit all up on the next step :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

HI Mary, Thank you - and the seam finish is tedious, but it suits the head at the moment !! Quietly sewing instead of doing all the other things I should do :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Thanks Judy, nuisance only, and the jacket will be finished this week.