Thursday, June 6, 2013

When it rains it pours.....

Vienna is safe from the flood waters so far.  One of my favorite fabric shopping adventure locations, however, is not.  I always have a hard time describing Textil Mueller to people.  It is like a fabric store wrapped in a notions store wrapped in a button store wrapped in a junk yard.  I fear I may not get to shop there again before I leave Austria in January.  This video best sums the place up.  Yes, it actually looks like this most days.  In fact, this is rather tidy compared to what I've seen before.
This was my beloved bargain sewing shop Tuesday.....
So, I soothed myself with some local fabric purchases yesterday.
The local store Habari carries all sorts of African prints.  I believe Mali, Tanzania and South Africa are represented here.   Can't wait to get them washed and start some new projects.
I almost have another stash project complete, too!

7 comments:

ozviking said...

What a tragegy! It looks like a fabulous treasure heaven ..... and now flooded .. so sad.
Good that you are safe in Vienna!

Heather said...

Thank you! A friend is checking the situation. If they need some support in the coming weeks and are selling things off I'll definitely go! The buttons are on the second floor, so they should be ok. ;-)

Far said...

Oh My! Glad U R Ok..Hope The Fabric Shop Is Ok ToO..

Dk's Wife said...

Glad you are okay. Flooding can do some awful, awful damage.

Janine said...

We've been hearing "the worst floods ever" in Europe. Good to hear you're OK, but devastating for your Aladdin's Cave.

Scheryka said...

I am glad that you are safe! I am glad that you have some great fabric as soothers! I love great prints and you def have some.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Yes - safety is the first concern - I do hope the business pulls through and the owners livelihood can continue - and you get your fabric :)