Tuesday, June 4, 2013

 FABRIC USED:  1 3/8 yard

Wow, this Stash Sew A Long is really underway - some really great projects have been posted already.  Please excuse me for just jumping in and not showing pictures of my stash.  The way I have it on my top closet shelves makes it really hard to photograph.

My very first stash busting project is from McCall's 6751.

McCall's 6751
 I am really attracted to all four views of this pattern, but decided to start with view D.  I made it from a  crinkled gauze jungle print fabric pulled from the top of my stash.  Lots of colors involved in this top so it won't be hard to find a bottom to wear with it.  It's an easy, breezy simple top with the hi-lo detail.

Front

Back with pleated detail
Plenty of room in this one - I made a large but if I were to make it again I'd definitely opt for the medium.  I only made minor changes, i.e. omitted the pocket and bias tape facings for the armhole and neckline.  Nothing difficult about this one.  I think I'd love wearing it with shorts.  Just right for a lovely Saturday summer outing - mmmm note to self:  need to plan one of those (haha).  I think I need a couple  more simple projects just to keep momentum up.  What's on your project list for this week???

11 comments:

Far said...

Hi Faye, I Love YourGauze Fabric And The Hilo Style.. I Want To Sew A Top For myself Today But Instead Refashioning A Pant For Hubby From My To Be Refashioned Stash, Which IS As.big As My Fabric Stash!

Mary said...

So happy to see this pattern made up as I really liked it when it was introduced. Your top is wonderful!

Danielle said...

I've been stash busting for a few weeks now. I'll join in on the challenge, too, but most of my fabric pieces are small. I also mainly make jewelry.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Faye - Welcome! I'm glad you have posted - I was wondering if there was a problem with the technology and was going to email you! Fantastic you are here! This is a lovely little top - and you are right, gorgeous for those hot mornings. Crinkle gauze is lovely (no ironing:)).

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Danielle, I've left a message on your blog - if you want to join email me, stylishsarah251@gmail.com

SarahLizSewStyle said...

P.S. Faye - how much fabric did you use?

Dk's Wife said...

It is nice. I love sleeveless tops, but will not wear them because I think my arms look funny LOL The fabric is great. It will go w/ so many things.

Faye Lewis said...

Fabric used: 1 3/8 yard

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Thanks Faye

Hana said...

Adorable top!

Heather said...

Great color in this one.