Tuesday, July 2, 2013

1 1/2 yards Down


I made another Megan Neilson Briar top using 1 1/2 yard remnant of a slinky 4-way stretch knit this time. 

I knew I needed to make a few pattern adjustments this time around:
  • I decreased the center front circumference of the neckline 2" by tilting the 1" pass the foldline at the neck (did that make sense?)
  • I raised the neckline 1" starting at the center front foldline and tapering into the original shoulder
  • Added 3" to the cropped front length
  • Decreased the back full length version 3"
  • Decided to make this one with 3/4 length sleeves opposed to short because it's so cold at work
 
The 1 1/2yd remnant that I used was left over from this sleeveless vest that I made two summers ago.  It's Simplicity 2283.
 I never wore it because the royal blue was hard to match.  Now the vest has it's very own top - does this make it a twin set???

7 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw said...

I would say its a twin set ,that is beautiful.. Great job. Happy sewing.

Mary said...

Cute and stylish!

Judith said...

It's a twin set in my books - and a great one at that! Like the changes that you made to the top ...

Hana said...

Adorable top!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Okay, my vote for a twin set settles it :)

I know what you mean about the CF alteration - I've done that one sometimes as well.

A really lovely little top and cardigan.

Heather said...

Love the flowy cardi with this top. You're going to be a big smash!

redpointtailor said...

Great casual top!