Saturday, July 6, 2013

3 1/2 Yards Used...

I've been wanting to learn how to make a good fitting yoga band for months.  I'd tried it before, but with less than satisfiable results.  Well I tried it again yesterday, and this time it worked.  Only thing is, I might have made the band just a little bit snug, but it is completely wearable.
Here's a picture of the skirt with the 8 1/2" band fully extended up.  I like that I finally found out how to make the band curve inward in the side seams.

and a picture with the band rolled down as it will be worn.
The skirt has a lettuce hem treatment which I find completely suitable for a casual knit garment.  My plan was to wear it with my 3rd Briar top.
I'm not sure yet; I like the skirt, and I really like the top, but I'm not absolutely sure that I like the two together.  On the dressform it looks a bit matronly - and I sure don't want to emit that persona.  We'll see.  If it doesn't work I can always find another top for the skirt, and wear the Briar with something else.   These two pieces used up 3 1/2 yards of stashed fabric.  Maybe joining  the "Style The Stash" Sew-a-Long was a good thing after all because I've used approximately 15 1/2 yards of well marinated stash fabrics since the first of June.  That's interesting because I'm not one that usually  tallies fabric in/fabric out counts.  But that's a lot of fabric.

7 comments:

Far said...

They R Lovely! Look Forward To See HoW U R Going To style The SkirT :)

Mary said...

I love both pieces and especially like the yoga skirt. How about pairing it with a tank or shell, and layering that with a loose shirt? That might be a bit more body conscious.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Faye - yes, you have used quite a bit of stash - I guess all thoese lovely maxi dresses helped.

This is a lovely skirt, but you are right, the top doesn't work - I think Mary is right, something a little more form fitting, with a nice overlayer - even sheer.

Isabella M. said...

beautiful skirt and wonderful material, can be bought on the net

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Faye, I love your skirt and top.. Such pretty fabric. congrats on using up that stash.

redpointtailor said...

This is easy way to bust the stash :-)

Scheryka said...

Cute. Didn't you do the maxis too?