Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Last of my June Makes

A Cinnamon camisole in satin (1.5 yards) for the Show Off Your Scivvies and Indie Pattern challenges.
This was a pretty easy make, and I am declaring it the first item for my capsule wardrobe.  I am not sure about the straps here.  The front channel for them seems bulky and strange.  Maybe it was the fabric choice?  I still want to try the slip version before I declare this a failure pattern for me.

Then there is the long-unfinished Belladone dress using 1.75 yards of Liberty lawn and the same amount of white batiste lining fabric.  You can read more about my misadventures for this one here.


That is almost all for June.  The exception is the polka dot skirt.  Remember that lovely chiffon?  Well, it is done, but I just can't decide whether I like it.  It still may get chopped up and refashioned.  It used 2 yds of the polka dots and 2 yds of a crepe chiffon lining fabric.  Maybe I will snap a photo and get some input from you all.

That about wraps up June for me!

6 comments:

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Heather - do snap the polka dots and I'll add it - you still made it out of stash - anyway, you will have piqued everyone's interest in what the problem might be.

The liberty dress is so fresh and gorgeous - goes well with your gamin haircut. I'm going to look at the blog next...

The camisole top looks okay - not sure what the problem is, perhaps others can see it. Or maybe it is more obvious in real life.

Mary said...

Great projects!! I have no idea about the cami-I think that pattern is loose. Does this fit well? I really like the dress, and can see it made up in a luxe fabric for date night.

Far said...

I Think The Belladone Liberty Dress Is Sooo Summery Pretty!

redpointtailor said...

Wow! Lovely dress! Fabulous fabric!

Hana said...

I like your dress! The back side is totally cute:)

Heather said...

It isn't loose. LOL. I have plenty of breast to fill it out, but the strings are supposed to draw up and I don't like the way that happens. I will take a photo of it on soon.