Sunday, July 28, 2013

Another 100 metres of stash styled and sewn

Hi all,

Just a quick update to let you know that we have used another 100.45 yards of stash in July so far - and there are still a few days to go. Plus a bit more for undocumented stash (where I don't know how many yards you have used).

So add this to our June tally of 183.95 yards (documented), and we have used a whopping 283.9 yards of stash, just in our small community.  Pattern review has been holding a stash buster as well - and with 155 members they have used 868 yards in two months (3 days to go). 

Everyone, we have made a fantastic effort with our stash busting, especially as not all of you can actively sew every month.It's amazing what a motivated group effort over a few months can achieve.

Roll on August - I plan to use up quite a bit of stash - the first piece is cut ready to go.

Are your August plans ready yet?

Sarah Liz :)


9 comments:

Jacq C said...

Wow, that is brilliant Sarah Liz. I've got a couple more WIPs I'm hoping to finish before the end of July. You've really motivated me :)

Sam said...

Wow, that's fantastic! I've still got my July stashbusting to add here, it's only 2.5 metres, but that's better than nothing right?

Mary said...

We all deserve to go shopping when done! hahaha, I actually have lost my enthusiasm for fabric shopping through this project.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Excellent!!!
I hope to contribute a lot more in August.. Too busy in July.ha
I have so enjoyed this sew along.. Every yard of fabric is a yard gone... and something new to wear or a muslin ---leading to a better fit pattern..

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Fantastic - looking forward to seeing the finished WIP's. I'm glad this sew a long has helped to get you sewing - the new machine must help too :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

You're right, this awareness of stash hoarding sort of takes the edge of piling it all up again :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Judy, - looks like we are all glad to be using up stash - it really isn't that much use just lying around. Glad you will be back sewing soon.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

It's much better than nothing Sam - it's great to be working on one thing a month and finishing it than nothing at all.

Far said...

Am Still Chugging Along SlowYOn My July Stuff... But Yup, Lots To MaKe Come August... :)