Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Far - June's tally

Hello friends!

:) My middle brother's wife just gave birth to a baby boy early this morning in Malaysia (now my parents have 4 grandsons all under the age of 3) and just a few minutes before I'm typing this, bro reported that mommy and baby are doing fine... phew... she had to undergo an emergency c-sect, quite a reminiscence of my experience.... Since none of my brothers, myself and hubby's brothers are producing a girl (yet), i suppose I will just start practicing sewing girly dresses on my cousins' girls, 2 of them just born this June :)

Anyways, on to my June stashbusting effort:
2 yards of floral cotton+silk voile ---> M6702 top number 2 (my blouse that I've posted about before)
2.5 yards of window pane shirting of probably a blend fibre ----> first ever shirt for hubby (definitely wearable muslin)
2 yards of soft pin striped shirting cotton ----> baby quilt backing
1.5 yards of quilting cotton ----> continuous bias binding for baby quilt, with leftover binding
0.5 yards of home dec fabric and some layers of felt/batting ---> exercise bicycle padding

Total yardage out of the stash in June 2013 is 8.5 yards

 And some photographic evidence:



 

:) I'm off to gather fabrics for this new baby's quilt... If I remember, the mommy said she prefer white :)... I'm gonna try some wonky star.. Congrats to all of us for our collective stashbusting work ;) 

Far

10 comments:

Mary said...

congratulations on your new nephew. Have fun with the quilt!!!

m. said...

Congratulations on the birth of your nephew. What a blessing! m.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Congrats on the new nephew.. Proud mom and baby are doing well.
Happy sewing.

Hana said...

Congratulations on your nephew!
You made a lot of projects during one month:) I love your quilting project, it really pretty. I wish one day I could learn how to quilt :-)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Far, thank goodness the new mother and baby are alright - it must be a relief and a joy for you all at once. Keep up the little girls sewing, it may come in handy one day :).

I didn't realise you were posting this when I put my reply to you on my post, so I'll put all your stash and pictures in the June gallery/count. You have been busy - I love the exercise bike padders. I guess the baby quilt is for the new baby - it's going to be lovely. The shirt for DH is a great wearable muslin :)

Far said...

Thanks Mary!!! Got Some Possible Fabric Combo Out...The Staring At Them Phase Will Take A While Probably Before IActually Decide How To Proceed... :)

Far said...

Thanks M! Indeed!

Far said...

Thanks Judy!! :)

Far said...

Thanks Hana! The Quilting Project HS Been A Long Time Coming! I Completed The Patchwork portion Months Earlier, But Finally Decided To Get On And Quilt It LaSt week (Very Simple Quilting, My Machine Is Too Light, Im Too Green At Quilting All Those Layers Hehe)

Far said...

Hi Sarah Liz! Yeah MoMmy N Baby Okay, What A Relief! :) Some Day We'll Have A.girl Within Our Immediate Family!! Lol....

The Yellow And Grey Combo Baby Quilt Is For Another New Nephew Who is Now 3 Months Old, Hehe.... My Mom Made Quilts ForHis Older Brother And My Son, But Being Busy With My Dad And All, I Doubt She Will Have Time To Make Baby QuiltS For The 2013 Grandsons, So ImMaking Them, Hehe...