Friday, July 19, 2013

From the mundane.... to

the sparky, fiddly, girly of fabric and project....

I guess I was quite determined to put a big pause on the quilt and the home dec front, and dig deep into my stash for one of the craziest fabric I have been draping and wrapping over myself a la Bollywood actress and dancing around (oh, and I've been watching Bollywood, Cantonese and Korean movies on Netflix while sewing the baby quilt top etc!), and then put back in its plastic bag and then in the bin... :).... a few times since it joins the stash. 



It's a mint and gold velvet burnout on silk (chiffon) purchased online from Gorgeous Fabrics more than a year ago, and I have a lil over 3 yards of it.

What can I say, I've been feeling rather adventurous....

I just posted a long winded blog entry on the project, so I will spare you that here. If you are still curious, and want to see more pics too, here's the link: http://farsland.blogspot.com/2013/07/gone-sparky-fiddly-and-girly-route.html  Proceed with caution.... :)

I probably used 2.5 yards of the material... :)

Happy sewing,
Far

6 comments:

Sam said...

Simply gorgeous! That style is perfect for the fancy fabric.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

How gorgeous.. I love, love it.

Mrs. Smith said...

VERY pretty Far!!! That fabric is just amazing!

Dk's Wife said...

It is lovely. Such a beautiful fabric.

KathyS said...

So gorgeous!

Far said...

Thank You Ladies!! :)