Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Greetings all!

Here's the rest of what I completed in July:

More Pendrells.

Amy Butler Pendrell:
Vintage cotton fabric Pendrell:
Katy Jump Rope by Denyse Schmidt Pendrell:
More vintage cotton Pendrell:
Alexander Henry poplin Pendrell in action:
So, yes I love this shirt.  I've been wearing them off and on for two weeks and love the fact that I don't have to fuss with them like I do with knit tanks.  Woohoo!  I still have linen solid Pendrells to make and then I'll move on.....maybe.  Total fabric used for these:  11.25 yards.

Once I finished the shirts, I had to stop everything and take care of some sewing room maintenance.  My ironing board cover looked like this:







I grabbed some vintage fabric from my stash (of course) and made an ironing board cover.
I use an extra wide ironing board, so buying a new one is out of the question. Especially at 2:00 a.m.  Here's the finished product.
Stash used:  1.5 yards of InsulBrite; 3 yards of fleece and 1.5 yards of fabric.  The rest of this fabric went back in the stash until it's kitchen towel making time again.
After I finished my ironing board cover, I went back to work making a sheetlin (muslin out of a sheet) of these Tofino shorts.

I've been wearing them for a week and.... I LOVE them.  Finally a pair of sleep/lounge shorts that fit the way I like.  Lower rise bermudas. Score!  I haven't had decent pjs in years.  When I was clearing out my closet/drawers, I had to admit that the 2 sets I made a couple of years ago were ready for the trash, so I tossed them and made these. Purchasing pjs was completely out of the question because they don't fit me well. I find the shorts too short and too tight in the hips while being too loose in the waist.  Irritating.  So, my tofinos paired with a tank, they are perfect for summer in Florida.  So, me being me, I cut out a ton of them and am sewing like mad to complete them so I can fill the empty drawer and have some proper jammies.  

Until next time, Happy Sewing!!




16 comments:

Marjorie said...

Wow! So impressive!

KathyS said...

You have been busy! Well done!

Jacq C said...

Goodness, you are amazingly productive, well done :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Christy, when do you find time to sleep ? :) I'm exhausted just watching you :) No, seriously, there is nothing better than being on a roll - some things just flow, and others, well. Looks like you found the flow. And if it works, as you say, use it... If it works, why change to something that doesn't?

Beverly said...

Wow, that's impressive! So many pretty tops.

Sassy T said...

Thanks for popping over to my blog. You've been busy with the Pendrells, very impressed.

Mary said...

I love everything you have made! I need to redo my ironing board also. I have one which folds down from a closet in the kitchen-it's really retro and cute. I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your Tofinos as I too love drawstring pants.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

lOVE your tops.. so pretty..
And your ironing board cover... made me get the notion, to recover mine.. thankyou for sharing.

Christy S said...

Thanks!

Christy S said...

Thanks. This challenge is definitely keeping me motivated.

Christy S said...

When I removed the cover from my ironing board, it actually started to flake away. Yeah...I left that project undone for far too long. I'm looking forward to having a drawer full of Tofinos. They are great!! The piping makes them so special. Love it.

Christy S said...

Thanks. I really love your content. And the shite shirt? Love it!!!!

Christy S said...

LOL! Truth be told, Sarah Liz, I haven't been sleeping well lately and have been really stressed out. Sewing calms me and sewing that I really don't have to think about...it's soothes the soul. It's just what the doctor ordered. Of course, this challenge is perfect and I'm thankful to you for doing this! It's keeping me motivated to head to my sewing room for some therapy!

Christy S said...

Thanks.

Christy S said...

Thank you!

Christy S said...

It's a stress management tactic that has visible results. Well, that and the fact that I cleared out my closet. Ha!