Sunday, July 21, 2013

happy to be back after travel and other interruptions #9

keeping his eye on me
Hi group!  I've been reading along, but had to take a week to address some BAD horse behavior.  Nick and I have come to an understanding and all is well now.

Tonight I started on a Scout tee by Grainline Studio and am interested to see what the fit will be like.  There are so many cute versions out there in both wovens and knits-I'm excited to try this pattern.  Theresa, of Camp Runamuck, printed this pattern out for me, as well as the Archer shirt.  What a nice friend!



Here is my version of V8390 View B.  It is part of my beach capsule, and with it done, I now have 3 tops, one pair of loose pants (plus 2 pj pants which were my muslins), and a dress.  Everything goes together, so I can layer the tops over either the pants or the dress.  I have not included the dress in this blog because I made it before we started our stash busting.

This is a fun pattern to make and looks really great on.  It hugs the bustline, the V neck is flattering, and the wrap to the side gently emphasises the waist while hiding tummy fluff.  Highly recommended!!
I used 1 5/8 yds approx.

4 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw said...

I love this top.. Beautiful and the fabric is pretty too. Happy sewing.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

I suspected that you were caught up with the young horse, Nick I gather his name is. There comes a time in every young horses life:). I guess you'll have to keep working intensively with him for quite a while now.

The top is lovely - good to see that the V-neck is snug, so many of this style of t-shirt turn out "sloppy". Your new wardrobe is lovely - just right for summer.

Dk's Wife said...

The top is lovely.

Hana said...

Very nice top!