Monday, July 1, 2013

Hi all!  I must say that I've gotten down to business in the last month.  I managed to complete two of my Hot Patterns 24/7 pencil skirts and am quite please with my zips.  The monkey themed skirt is fully lined and just needs it anchoring threads.

and my second completed skirt is a cotton canvas toile print that I underlined because (a) it's a cheap fabric I got at Walmart before I stopped shopping there and when they were liquidating fabric and (b) it frays like a mother.

I do believe I have fallen in love with this pattern.  It is exactly like my Talbots' pencil skirts with one exception - they fit me!  As a result of this, I went into my closet, pulled out all of my so-so fitting Talbots and Ann Taylor clothing and listed them on Ebay.  Then I cut out all of these:
Oh yeah, it's about to get ridiculous up in here!

Happy sewing all.

(Yard used from stash for completed skirts: 6)

10 comments:

Hana said...

Hi Christy! You did a nice work on your skirts. They both are lovely:)

redpointtailor said...

Lovely! I like thie patterns on the fabrics :-)

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Beautiful skirts.. Love the toile fabric ..

Christy S said...

Thanks Ladies!

Mary said...

EBay is a great choice! Use the $$$$ ti buy more fabric for more skirts :-) Nice work...I love the monkey skirt.

Christy S said...

Mary, I love way you think!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Christy, these skirts are gorgeous - the monkeys are great fun, the toile gorgeous. And your replacement cut outs look fantastic - doesn't it feel good tossing things you aren't going to wear:)

Christy S said...

It's the best. I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. No more tugging at my skirts to get them to lay right. Now a good enough fit is not good enough!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

You could teach us all a thing or two :)

Heather said...

Pencil skirts are so flattering. I love the fabrics you chose for these.