Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Manly Muslin -- My first July make

This is a muslin of Colette's Negroni shirt pattern, using up 3.5 yards of fabric.  After I finished the sewing, I stuck it in the washer with some blue dye and this is what came out.



 There were a lot of firsts in this project.  These were my first felled seams, my first collar and my first time to sew a double yoke like those found on men's shirt.  The color is still not perfect, but he loves it anyway.  Now that I know it's a perfect fit, I'll make him another out of some nicer fabric.

Oh, and I promised a shot of me in my 4th of July dress.....

6 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...

I love the dress!!! And that shirt looks very well made.

Scheryka said...

Your dress looks good on. Since you have the fit down, that's a major plus. Everything else will fall into place with practice. I've yet to sew a button down shirt or blouse.

redpointtailor said...

Great shirt! You look great in this 4th of July dress :-)

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Shirt looks very nice.. Great job.. and I love your 4th dress. SO cute on you.. Happy sewing.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Heather, the dress looks gorgeous, and so does your haircut.

Love this shirt - and it seems you have ventured into dying things as well.

Mary said...

Wow, that shirt couldn't be your first collar and double yoke! It looks wonderful. Great dye also.